I’m slowly trying to replace all external objects in my performance system by 64-bit versions, so I can finally run MaxMSP in 64-bit mode. Most of the externals in my setup are from code that I wrote myself – so no big problem updating those. But one of the few externals from other people that i use is the famous sigmund~ object by Miller Puckette. Ted Apel did a port to MaxMSP which can be found here – but it’s a 32-bit only build. As far as I know there is no 64-bit version of sigmund~ for MaxMSP.
So, here is what I came up with, a rather simplistic port from the original PD sources. I only updated the code to reflect changes introduced with Max’ 6.1.4 SDK so it can now run in 64-bit mode. Internally the object is still processing with single precision. So it should behave more or less the same as the old sigmund~.
If you want to try it out, you can find the object and code on GitHub:
I’m also working on a version with a true 64-bit signal path (which also includes a more recent FFT library), but that still takes some time.