This is a slowly growing collection of externals made for the programming environment Max/MSP (Cycling’74). Most of them were written for my personal projects – if you run into problems, please let me know.
All objects are compiled for osx with the latest SDK (6.1.4).
- vb.aubio~ — onset detection analysis of audio data stored in a buffer~ using aubio
- vb.blit~ — a bandlimited impulse oscillator
- vb.brown~ — brownian noise generator
- vb.cheby~ — a variable order chebyshev filter
- vb.fbosc~ — a feedback oscillator
- vb.fbosc2~ — similar to vb.fbosc~ but with signal inlets
- vb.FFTWbuf~ — processes non-realtime FFT/iFFT of buffered data
- vb.fourses~ — a chaotic oscillator after ciat lonbarde
- vb.freezer~ — freeze audio input into a perfect loop
- vb.gbuzz~ — impulse generator with spectrum control
- vb.gcd_lcm — calculate Greates Common Divisor (gcd) and Least Common Multiple (lcm)
- vb.goertzel~ — goertzel filter implementation, to detect presence of a specific frequency component in a signal
- vb.jonverb~ — an inexpensive artificial reverb generator after Jon Dattorro
- vb.linCongru~ — linear congruential pattern generator
- vb.listchange — same as [change] but for lists
- vb.listdrunk — same as [drunk] but for lists
- vb.median~ — a median filter based on SuperCollider’s median UGen by J. McCartney
- vb.phasor0~ — a phasor that changes its frequency only at the beginning of a new ramp
- vb.pitch~ — a pitch tracker
- vb.ramp~ — a ramp generator which can be triggered by a signal
- vb.rand~ — same as [rand~] but with cubic interpolation
- vb.simper.svf~ — Andrew Simper’s state variable filter version
- vb.stretch~ — extreme audio stretching
- vb.thresh~ — same as [thresh~] but with settable gate time
- sigmund~ (on gitHub) — a 64-bit version of Miller Puckette’s sigmund~ object (mac/win)
- metatag — read and write metadata tags for media files, by J.Bernstein. New version compiled with “TagLib 1.11” + some new features – sources on gitHub
- slice~ — 64-bit version and additional tweaks of Nao Tokui’s slice~ object (mac/win) – sources on gitHub
- 2up_svf~ (on gitHub) — a 64-bit version of 2up_svf~ originally written by Randy Jones
- fiddle~ — 64 bit version of Miller Puckette’s fiddle~ object for MaxMSP (mac/win). Sources on gitHub
- bonk~ — 64 bit version of Miller Puckette’s bonk~ object for MaxMSP (mac/win). Sources on gitHub.
- playmp3~ — an object that plays back compressed audio files (mp3, m4a etc.). Note: EXPERIMENTAL STATE!
Windows versions kindly provided by Alfonso Santimone.